Dan Forbes, CFP®
Forbes Financial Planning is a Registered Investment Advisory firm located on the East Side of Providence, RI. The sole mission of Forbes Financial Planning is to help individual and small business clients build and conserve wealth. Through a comprehensive examination, Forbes Financial has helped clients build a solid return on investments, while eliminating needless personal or business expenses.
Dan Forbes is the owner of Forbes Financial Planning and a Certified Financial Planner™ practitioner with over 10 years of experience in financial services. He specializes in educating Rhode Island teachers about reducing expenses and increasing returns in their 401(b) retirement accounts.
Dan has extensive financial planning experience in the following areas:
- Comprehensive plan writing
- Retirement analysis
- Insurance review including life insurance, business coverage, and long term care
- Estate planning including payment of projected estate taxes
- Mortgage reviews to reduce closing fees
Dan also has extensive media experience including:
- GoLocalProv.com Financial Expert - click here for a full list of articles.
- Time Magazine Online Article - The Vital Years For Retirement Planning
- Senior Market Advisor Online Article - LTCI Undergoes An Evolutionary Change
- Investment management using no-load mutual funds and exchange traded funds
- Hosted 920WHJJ's financial planning radio talk show "Making Money"
- Recent contributor to the Providence Business News article on 401(b) changes
- Contributor to daily market updates on Arlene Violet's show on 920 WHJJ
- Contributor to daily written articles for Strategic Point Investment Advisors
- Appeared on Channel 10's "Town Hall Meeting on the RI Economy"
- Appeared on ABC6's segment on financial planners with Erica Ricci
- Appeared on Channel 10's "Call Center" for local viewers
Dan is a graduate of Brown University and an active member of the Rhode Island chapter of the Financial Planning Association.
The mission of Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. is to benefit the public by granting the CFP® certification and upholding it as the recognized standard of excellence for personal financial planning.
Dan has been named the Director of Public Relations/Media for the Financial Planning Association.
The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®) is the leadership and advocacy organization connecting those who provide, support and benefit from professional financial planning. FPA demonstrates and supports a professional commitment to education and a client-centered financial planning process.
Based in Denver, Colorado, FPA has 96 chapters throughout the country representing more than 25,000 members involved in all facets of providing financial planning services. Working in alliance with academic leaders, legislative and regulatory bodies, financial services firms and consumer interest organizations, FPA is the community that fosters the value of financial planning and advances the financial planning profession.